Sep 19, 2010

The seashore!



I sat by the seashore, all alone tonight,
Thinking of you in the setting sun’s light,
You and I, baby, we were completely same,
Like a soul cloned in two bodies,
Like same heart, but different brains.
Remember the seaside, we used to enjoy,
Used to dance with the splashing waves,
We kissed lovingly under the moonlit night,
As I sang you serenades.
You held my hands, swore never to leave,
But all I hold now is sand,
The sand that, like your memories,
Is slowly slithering out of my hand.
Who knew you would do infidelity,
And run so far away from me,
Choosing death over me as your partner,
Leaving my soul to search for you longingly,
I feel like a pebble, sitting on the beach sand,
Orphaned and cold, ever since you left my hand,
These waves are all I have, for they took you away,
And so I await my turn, waiting at the shores for eternity.
                                                                                                                                (M.S Khan)

No comments:

Post a Comment